Based in Czech Republic
Planned for Q1 2018
Beat Saber is a unique VR rhythm game, where your goal is to slash the beats (represented by small cubes) as they are coming at you. Every beat indicates which hand you need to use and also the direction you need to match. The game can be easily described as a mashup of Guitar Hero and Fruit Ninja in VR. All the music is composed to perfectly fit the hand made levels. Our goal is to make players almost dance, while cutting all the cubes and avoiding obstacles. Each cut is strongly supported by great sound and visual effects to emphasize the rhythm.
The development started in 2016 when we found out there is no great rhythm based game on VR. The game was showcased on many places and almost 700 people tried it so far. The response is overwhelming positive.
- Unique gameplay with a great feel - Beat Saber combines the satisfying feeling of cutting with emergent perception of rhythm.
- Handcrafted levels & music - All the basic levels and music in the game will be handcrafted to emphasise the music rhythm. The results are incomparable to similar games with generated content.
- Game longevity - The game can be played in short (few minutes) sessions in quick play mode or for many hours in career mode.
- Game accessibility - Anyone can understand basic game principles and play the game in just a few seconds.
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Beat Saber. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "2nd place - best showcased game" GDS 2016, Prague
About Hyperbolic Magnetism
We are Hyperbolic Magnetism - a small indie game studio run by Ján "Split" Ilavský and Vladimír "Loki" Hrinčár based in Prague, Czech Republic. We started working together in the late '90s on PC games, but since the advent of the App Store we quickly changed focus to mobile. Our goal has been always to come up with a unique gameplay and great yet simple visual style. The studio is continually exploring various genres of games as seen on examples like Lums - physics based puzzle game about light and shadows, Oh My Heart - brutal pixel art action game, Perfect Paths - programming logic puzzler, Chameleon Run - super fast award winning auto-runner or soon to be released VR rhythm game Beat Saber. Also, many of our games come from ideas born during various game jams in which we participates a lot.
More information on Hyperbolic Magnetism, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Beat Saber Credits
Game Design, Graphics, Music, Programming
Programming, Game Design
Music, Sound Design